Serves: 16 pieces Level: Medium
Cooking Time: 2h30min (15 min preparation; 60 min in the fridge; 65 min in the oven)
- 2 cups Milk (50 cl)
- 1.8 Oz unsalted butter (50g)
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup or 6 Oz Flour (100g)
- 1 cup or 8 Oz granulated Sugar (250g)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp Rum
+ a 8 piece silicone mold for Cannelés
- Boil milk, butter and vanilla in a saucepan.
- Mix sugar and flour in a separate container. Add the eggs and stir well.
- Pour hot milk into the sugar, flour, eggs mix and stir until it is homogeneous and fluid.
- Let cool down few minuted, add rum and place the mixture in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven at 430° F.
- Fill in the Cannelé mold at 3/4.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 430° F.
- Reduce heat to 350° F and cook for another 45 minutes.
- Remove the Cannelés from the mold. They should be brown & slightly crispy outside and light & soft inside.
Serve at room temperature. It is also good the day after!