Serves: 6-8 Level: Easy
- 1 1/2 cups softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Filling of your choice: jam, chocolate chips, peanut butter, thin mint cookie crumbs
- Combine softened butter with sugar until creamed together (see image)
- Pour half of the beaten eggs into the mixture and stir. Add in the rest of the eggs and continue stirring.
- Mix in the orange juice, vanilla extract, and baking powder.
- Slowly add in the flour while stirring the mixture until the dough forms into a ball.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Clear off a surface for a thin layer of flour. Roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into approx. 3 inch circles (see image).
- Place circles onto greased cookie sheets and dab 1 teaspoon of filling onto the center of each circle (too much filling leads to oozing, see image).
- Pinch the sides of each circle to create a triangle.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven until light golden brown.
Chag Purim Sameach! חג פורים שמח